July 25, 2020

Review: The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti


The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: May 2020
The Summer Set  


Charlie Savoy was once at the top of her career in acting. Now, she's hit rock bottom. After she ends up in an accident which is all her fault, she is sentenced to community service at the very last place she wants to do it, the place where her career started, The Chamberlin. The Chamberlin holds a summer acting program and it is at this very program where she met and fell in love with Nick Blunt. Now, he's in charge and Charlie for sure is not ready to spend the summer with him, but she has no choice. Once there will she change her mind, or just stay for probation and then be gone?

Thank you to Graydon House/Harper Collins and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I, myself have never been a thespian or really have had no desire to act. For Charlie Savoy, she grew up in that world and it has always been a part of who she was. Her mother was an actor and she easily took to the stage. When she met Nick Blunt, they had an instant connection with their art and their hearts. But Charlie wanted more and she went for it, when Nick kept trying to improve on his one great hit.

This summer is going to be hard on the both of them. Charlie because she doesn't want to be there and Nick because he still has feelings for Charlie.

Overall, I enjoyed this book, but there were times where it got slow. I felt a strong connection to the author as she went to the same high school as my husband and we live in the same area. I will read other books this author writes.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click the book cover below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.