July 29, 2020

Review: Child on His Doorstep by Lee Tobin McClain




Child on His Doorstep by Lee Tobin McClain
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Published: August 2020
Child on His Doorstep  


When Corbin finds a two-year old on his doorstep, he is unsure of who he is. The note with him, says he's his little brother. His parents are alcoholics and his childhood was not the best, to say the least. While having, Mikey, his brother in his care, is probably the better option, Corbin has no idea how to take care of a child. In comes Samantha. Corbin had a huge crush on her in high school, and it seems like those feelings haven't gone away. When she tells him that she has a background in child care, Corbin feels like the luckiest man. But, Samantha is a recovering alcoholic herself and has a few secrets she's keeping. Will these things keep Corbin for going for the love he deserves?

Thank you to Harlequin and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I loved the idea for this story, but for me, it just didn't hit the mark for me. It felt like everything was very surface level and not much depth to the characters. I don't want to give too much of the story away. This is a romance, but also Christian Fiction. I enjoy both of those genres, but I don't think I will read more books by this author.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.