July 13, 2020

Audio Book Review: Free Cyntoia by Cyntoia Brown-Long



Free Cyntoia: My Search for Redemption in the American Prison System by Cyntoia Brown-Long
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: October 2019
Free Cyntoia: My Search for Redemption in the American Prison System


At the age of 12 Cyntoia Brown began a downward spiral that she couldn't get out of. Thinking she was finding love, she was trafficked until the age of 16 when she killed a man. She claimed self defense, but was charged as an adult for murder. Serving a life sentence Cyntoia is determined to turn her life around and get out of jail.

I had heard a lot about this book from many different people. I didn't really know her story though until the book came out.

Cyntoia was a troubled young lady. Her biological mother was into drugs and so she was adopted. Her adopted family loved her and did everything they could for her, but there was still something inside her that made her act out and do things she shouldn't have been doing. At a young age, she was pimped out by men who she thought loved her.

It took a long time for Cyntoia to love herself and stop being so destructive with her life. In the end, it was a long hard road, that she made it to the end of. Today she is still fighting for women's rights in sex trafficking.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.