July 28, 2020

Review: Sister Dear by Hannah Mary McKinnon




Sister Dear by Hannah Mary McKinnon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: May 2020
Sister Dear  


Eleanor is heading to the hospice to see her father, when she overhears a conversation between him and her mother. She and her mother have never had a good relationship, but the conversation she hears stops her dead in her tracks. The man she has known as her father her entire life is not her father. So who is and will he want anything to do with Eleanor? When Eleanor finds out that she also has a sister, she decides to try to meet her father that way. The things she finds our in her quest to find her father will shock you.

Thank you to MIRA and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

You already know how much I enjoy a good psychological thriller. This one was very good. It was hard to put down and it had so many twists and turns. Take a look at the face I made when the big twist hit.


What would you do if you found out that your whole life you had been lied to about who your father is? When Eleanor finds her sister, she thinks she can befriend her in order to find out more about her father. When she finds out why she has had no contact with her father, she's not sure whether or not to be more upset with him or her mother. Eleanor is a character you will love and want to smack at the same time. Some of the decisions she makes are not very good, but the outcome will leave you wanting more.

If you have never read a book by Hannah Mary McKinnon, I suggest this is the one to start with. I will be going back to read the rest of her titles and I look forward to what she will bring us in the future.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click the book cover below:



1 comment:

  1. Great review Lorrea. I loved this one as well, and yes, that twist. My first by Hannah Mary McKinnon, but it won't be my last.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.