May 8, 2014

Throwback Thursday!!


One of my favorite childhood books is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.  I read this book several times as a child and even a few times as an adult.   I love the story.  This little girl, Mary, loses everything in the blink of an eye.  Her mother, father, and her life as she knows it.  Having to move in with an uncle who is a complete stranger, and really wants nothing to do with her is remarkable.   Discovering the garden and all the secrets of Mistlethwaite Manor.

I remember wishing that I had a secret garden to go to.  Someplace quiet that I could go and read my books.  Not have to worry about a care in the world.   Too bad I have a black thumb and am no good at gardening.  All of that work would have to be done for me.  
Where would you like to escape to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.