May 1, 2014

Throw Back Thursday!!!


Since I have just started this blog, I'm going to go back a bit and share some of the books I have read in the past that have had an impact on my life.  One of the first books or series of books I remember reading is The Babysitters Club by Ann M. Martin.  
This series really shaped my love for reading.  I remember my friends and I trading the books around and talking about the series.  One friend and I even took a babysitting course through community services.  We were so excited about it.  We got CPR certified and received certificates for our course.  We even had little ID cards that said we were official members of the Babysitting Club.

There are so many great books out there for young kids these days. I think that all children need to find a book or a series of books that inspire them and that they enjoy.  Reading is such a great way to learn new things and find an escape to far away lands.

Right now my oldest daughter(6) is getting into the American Girl books.  I love that she enjoys reading as much as I do.  I just hope that this will continue throughout her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.