May 15, 2014

Trying to Keep Up!!

There are so many great books out there.  From recommendations from friends, family, and Goodreads to the books selected as a Group Read, plus all of the book that are already on my personal book list.  I have 3135 on that list(I started keeping it before there was a Goodreads or Leafmarks).  Out of that 3135 I have read only 231. I'm sure I have read more books than that, but that is what I have on record.  I started this list back in 2003 so anything previously read will not be on there, unless I added it after the fact.

I enjoy reading tremendously.  I want to read just about anything and everything I can.  I like Best Sellers and Indie books.  I like discovering something new.  I wish I could read faster and that I had more time to read, but with 3 kids, time is limited.  Im trying to get through at least 2 books a week.  One that I read and one that I listen to, although this week, I haven't even touched the iPod.  Right now I'm reading Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi.
 I started on May 9th, and am about halfway through.  Definitely not going to finish this one in a week.

I took a quiz on bookbrowse.com about What's Your Reading Personality?  It said I was an Exacting Reader..
"The expression 'so many books, so little time!' sums up your life.  You love books, but you rarely have as much time to read as you'd like-so you're very particular about the books you choose."  Yes, and thank you!!  I hope this summer when there isn't as much running around to do with kids in school, I will have a little more time to get some reading done.

You can take the quick on BookBrowse  yourself by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.