May 7, 2014

How Are You Readin'?

The Ways I Read


There used to be a time when, if you wanted to read a book, you'd have to go to the library, borrow it from a friend, or buy it.  Now, in this digital age, you can have a book in your hand in a matter of seconds.   Who would have thought something like that could ever happen.  These days, not only can you get a book in a matter of moments, you can also get an audiobook in a matter of seconds.  There are so many different ways to access a book these days, it's a wonder why we have so much crime.  Everyone should be spending their time reading all these wonderful(mostly) things at our disposal.

I have two Kindles that I use to read on.  My Kindle keyboard which I do not keep linked to wi-fi and the original Kindle Fire.  I use that mostly at night to read when everyone has gone to bed.  Every once in a while, I will also read on my phone.  This is my least favorite way.  My phone is way to small and making the font bigger just doesn't do the job.  But, when I have to, I do use the phone and mostly use the Aldiko app for that.


Kindle Fire, Kindle Keyboard, Android Phone

On the rare occasion when I get a book that I can't read through any of the above mentioned devices, then I will read through my computer on Adobe Digital Editions.  This takes me a lot longer to get through a book because I don't want to sit in front of the computer for that long. 

I also have started to listen to a lot of books through my iPod.  I never have been a big audiobook listener, but it does make the time pass a lot quicker while cleaning the house.  I can usually get through a book, depending on it's length, in 1-3 days.  It's quite convenient, and I can borrow one from the library online and have it on my iPod within 10 mins.   I borrow all of my audiobooks from Overdrive.  

iPod Touch


Finally, and the most traditional is a good old book!!  Something you can touch, feel, smell.  Something you can use your fancy bookmarks in.  Hardcover or paperback, it doesn't really matter to me.  I will always read physical books.  It may not be as often as it was years ago, but I can't give them up!  


Hardcover or Paperback


No matter what or how you read, it's a great hobby to have.  Books can take you to faraway places, or teach you something new.  You can connect with millions of people all over the world, just from reading the same book.   

Please share with me in the comments below how and what you're readin'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.