August 24, 2020

Review: Secret Crush Seduction by Jayci Lee


Secret Crush Seduction by Jayci Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: September 2020
Secret Crush Seduction (The Heirs of Hansol Book 2)  


Adelaide Song has had a crush on her brother's best friend, Michael, as long as she can remember. When he got married, it broke her heart and turned her into a bad girl. Now, Michael is divorced and Adelaide is focused on getting into the family business by getting in the good graces of her grandmother. When she comes up with an idea for a fashion show featuring sensory sensitive clothing, she will need Michael's help to pull it off. With the two of them working so quickly, business can quickly turn to pleasure, but is it worth it to lose Michael's friendship over?

Thank you to Harlequin and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this title.

This is the second book in The Heirs of Hansol series. The first title is Temporary Wife Temptation (click on the title to read my review). This was a quick read for me. I was invested in the story from the very beginning and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen with Adelaide and Michael. In these types of stories, you already know what is going to happen at the end, but it's the story leading up to it that is the best part.

Jayci Lee is quickly becoming one of my favorite romance authors. Her stories are sweet romances that you can fall in love with. She writes characters you want to be friends with. This is the third title of hers that I've read this year. I thank you to Harlequin for introducing me to this author.

EXCERPT

“Michael, What are you doing here?” she asked, her expression schooled into a bored, sardonic smirk.
Michael ran his hand through his hair and tugged a fistful at the top of his head. His scalp felt stretched too tight.
“So her majesty, Grace Song, summoned you to check on me.” Angry splashes of color stained her cheeks. “Since when have you been her errand boy?”
“Addy…”
“Don’t. Call. Me. That.” She pivoted and marched away from him.
“Damn it.” He went after her and stopped her trajectory by taking a firm grip of her hand. “She’s worried about you. Worried enough to call me to find you. What happened between you two?”
“We argued because I’m sick of being treated like a child. Ironically, I ran out of the house sobbing like one.” The rage vibrating through Adelaide seeped out of her, and her shoulders drooped in fatigue. “I could understand why she’s worried. She hasn’t seen me cry since I was seven. But enough is enough. I can’t go on like this.”
Now he understood why Mrs. Song had called him. Adelaide’s older brother, Garrett, was in New York with his wife and daughter, and Colin was probably unreachable. She had wanted this kept close to the family. Michael wasn’t family, but growing up, he’d spent more time at the Songs’ than at home. Plus, he was their publicist. She knew he’d be discreet about whatever state he found Adelaide in.
“I’m ready take my place at Hansol, but Hal-muh-nee shut me down with another ‘maybe next year.’ Hansol is my family’s legacy, and I want to be a part of its future.” Adelaide’s voice trailed off into a sad, forlorn sigh, and Michael wrapped his arms around her. He wanted to chase her sadness away, but the best he could do was listen. “She’s been saying that for the last two years. And next time when I ask her again, it’ll be the same answer. She doesn’t believe I have anything to contribute. I’m nothing but a clueless child to her.”
“That can’t be true. You’re one of the smartest people I know,” he said, running his hand through the silky strands of her long hair. Her arms tightened around him. “You’re far from being a clueless child, and your grandmother knows that better than anyone.”
“Then why is she keeping me out of Hansol?” She leaned back to meet his eyes. “She’s afraid I’ll tarnish Hansol’s reputation. She hasn’t forgiven me for my college days. Most of the crap in the tabloids didn’t even have a grain of truth in them. Yes, I partied hard and dated more than my fair share of guys, but I’m not an eighteen-year-old anymore.”
“I can’t imagine your grandmother being that small-minded. There has to be another reason, but you know her better than me. Besides, if that’s what you think, there’s an easy fix.” His arms still encircled her waist, and he was drawing slow circles on her lower back. When his brain registered what his hand was doing, he coughed and dropped his arms.
Adelaide arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms. He didn’t know if it was because she was waiting to hear his suggestion or because of his hurried step away from her. “Tell me more about this easy fix.”
His mind went blank. Her crossed arms had the effect of a bustier, pulling her breasts close and lifting them high. The sexy-as-hell scene at the club must have short-circuited his brain. He beat away his heightened awareness and focused on the shadowy outlines of the plan that had formed in his head.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.