November 21, 2019

Throwback Thursday -- A Look into my Bookish Past



So I have been blogging for a little over 5 years now.  I started because I wanted to share my love of books with the world.  When I first started out, I would get books to review from Blogging for Books, which is no longer around.  Then I joined NetGalley and started getting ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies) of books from new authors I had never heard of before.  I went a little crazy when I first joined and requested a lot of books and downloaded a lot more that were Read Now.  Needless to say, I was just very interested in sharing with the world.  Now, five years later and I can't even remember when I last requested a book from NetGalley.  I have been getting widgets and books sent to me from publisher's without me even having to request them. My list of books to review that I have received is nearly four pages long.   Looking back on photos the other day, I came across one of the first books I received in the manner, Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. (click the link to read my review) The publishers would send me little things leading up to the release date, I was so excited.  Check out these pictures from three years ago.




Since then, I've read everything that B.A. Paris has written.  I get excited when I get book in the mail, especially when I wasn't expecting it.  

The past couple of months have been rough on my blogging life, but I'm determined to turn that around for the rest of the year and going into 2020.  Even though, I've been doing this for the past five years, each year I'm trying to improve my content and attract more readers.  

I thank all of the people that have stuck with me throughout the years and I hope that you will be with me for as long as I'm able to do this.  Tell me something exciting from your bookish past.

Happy Reading!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.