November 19, 2016

Review: Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First of all I want to thank St. Martin's Press for awarding me a copy of this book through their contest on social media. I especially loved all the intriguing materials that arrived after I received the book. It helped to push this book to the top of my TBR pile.

Grace has finally met the man of her dreams(or so she thinks). Jack is attractive, intelligent, kind, and most importantly, adores her sister Millie who has Downs-Syndrome. They are first introduced when Jack starts to dance with Millie at a park they frequent on the weekends Grace spends with her. They had both noticed each other before, unaware that this was the case. They date for a few short months, as both of their jobs keep them very busy and after an even shorter engagement, they are married in a very small ceremony.

After the vows have been said, Jack shows Grace his true colors and strips her of all of her freedoms; her cell phone, her job, the ability to do anything without him, and explains the plans he has for her and especially for Millie when she moves in with them at the end of her school term. Terrified for her life and more so or Millie's, Grace tries as hard as she can to get away from Jack, but it is impossible since he has everyone convinced she has mental problems. Will she be able to get from under his control before Millie moves in or something more serious happens?

I hadn't planned on reading this book until after the first of the year, but after I received a letter




















 and a postcard

from Grace, I knew I had to read it right away. The book is told from the Past and the Present and at the end they come together to reveal a harrowing tale of emotional torture I have never read about before. Grace is a character you automatically have empathy for. I'm not sure how she got herself into this situation, but its a hell of a ride to get out. Jack is always two steps ahead of her and no matter what she tries she can't get ahead of him.

I really enjoyed this book. It kept my heart racing and I kept hoping that Grace would eventually find a way out. Jack was even a couple of steps ahead of me when I thought a friend was trying to help her get out. This book is highly recommended. One of the best I have read this year.



View all my reviews

To order this book from Amazon, click the cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.