November 12, 2019

Audio Book Review: Pride by Ibi Zoboi




Pride by Ibi Zoboi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: September 2018

Zuri Benitez is one of five daughters living in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York. She has lived in the same house her entire life. When the Darcy's move in across the street, it's clear right from the start to Zuri, that they are from different worlds. But there is something about Darius Darcy that makes her curious. When her sister Jenay starts dating older brother, Ansley, Zuri is forced to face Darius more than she wants. Will she discover that they have more in common than she originally thought?

I was torn between several audio books to listen to when friends suggested I give this one a try. I read Pride and Prejudice when I was a freshman in high school, but I really don't remember it at all. This book grabbed me from the very beginning and I couldn't stop listening until I reached the end. I usually only listen to audio books during my work commute, but with this one, I listened at every chance I got.

Young love is something I think most of us experienced. It seems like the most important thing in your life at the time, but there is so much more in life to discover. When Zuri meets Darius Darcy, she immediately decides she doesn't like him. He is not from her world and he does not understand her or the ethics of living in Bushwick. Will they be able to find common ground, or will they forever be enemies. Their relationship takes a turn when Zuri visits Howard University in Washington, D.C. and Darius offers to drive her home instead of her taking the bus. They have four hours uninterrupted by themselves to see if they can actually be friends. They discover a lot about each other as well as themselves during this journey.

Loved this book highly recommend for everyone.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.