November 20, 2019

Audio Book Review: Meet Cute by Helena Hunting





Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Published: April 2019
Meet Cute  


On the first day of law school, Kailyn runs, literally, into her crush, Daxton Hughes. They spend the next few years trying to one up each other for the best in class. There was always a bit of tension between them that never went anywhere, but by the end of law school, Kailyn was no longer crushing on Daxton. Now five years after law school has ended, they are both working for successful law firms. Daxton doesn't even recognize Kailyn when he and his parents walk into her office to do a trust for his younger sister. Seeing him stirs up all kinds of emotions in Kailyn she's not sure how to respond to. When a few months later, Daxton's parents die in a tragic car accident and Kailyn become curator for his sister, they will start spending more and more time together and their feelings for each other are definitely going to change.


Helena Hunting is becoming on of my favorite romance authors. This book wasn't quite as good as the others I have read, but I enjoyed it all the same. I had picked up the book at the library a few weeks ago. My son had a class at the library and I thought it was only an hour long and had planned to spend that hour browsing the library bookstore, which I did. Then I found out the class was 2 hours long and I was there with nothing but my phone which I really don't like to read on. So I picked this up and read for an hour while I waited. I really got invested in the story, but then didn't pick it back up since I had other books I was already reading. When it became available on audio, I quickly picked it up.

What I liked about the book is the story as a whole. It's a cute romance book that will leave you with a smile on your face. A lot of the plot is predictable, but it reminded me of a Hallmark or Lifetime movie that you would watch.

What would you do if your arch enemy walked into your office, and his face was on your desk? You see Daxton Hughes was a child TV star of Kailyn's favorite show. And she has t-shirts, mugs and posters with his face all over them. Then the theme song to his show starts to play and then ... you seem like an obsessed fan girl instead of the competent lawyer you are. But Kailyn isn't ashamed of her fan girl title and it's one of the things Daxton grows to love about her. When he is forced to raise his 13 year old sister following their parents death, it's Kailyn that helps them both through the tough time, since it was something she had also experienced in her past.

Another enjoyable book.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

  1. Sounds cute. Always great to have a free hour and book nearby. I just read my first Helena Hunting and I did enjoy it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a few of hers this year. This one was my least favorite. But it was a cute story.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.