March 11, 2019

Review: 96 Words for Love by Rachel Roy & Ava Dash




96 Words for Love by Rachel Roy and Ava Dash
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: January 2019


Raya Liston is at a turning point in her life. She has just graduated high school and college is the next step. She thinks she knows what she wants to do, but not exactly sure. When her grandmother, Daadee, passes away Raya feels more confused than ever. Together with her cousin Anandi, she travels to an ashram where her grandmother had visited as a youth and then again a few years before she died. She told the girls that she had left something for them there and they were determined to find it. What else would Raya find there? Most than she ever expected.

I decided to get this book after hearing about it on a morning talk show. I'm not really familiar with Rachel Roy as a designer except for seeing her on Project Runway a few years ago. I like reading about different cultures and learning things I may never discover because I doubt I will ever visit. I don't know anything about Indian culture or Hinduism. I didn't know that there were 96 words for love in Sanskrit. I wish that they would have given all of the words since that was the title of the book.  Here they are:(image fromhttp://www.gnaana.com/blog/2017/02/the-very-many-sanskrit-words-for-love/)

96 Words for Love is a YA novel that gave me all kinds of emotions. There are multiple love stories spanning generations. And not just physical love, but love of religion, love of music, love of teaching, love of family and friendships. Dealing with that strange adjustment period after high school, and the feeling of knowing you have found the things you were searching for even those you didn't intend to find.


View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.