March 4, 2019

Review: Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf




Missing Pieces by Heather Gudenkauf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: May 2013


Sarah and Jack have been married for many years, but Sarah doesn't know about all the secrets Jack is keeping. But when his Aunt Julia is injured after falling down the stairs, Sarah and Jack make the trip back to Penny Gate where Jack was born and raised and hasn't been back to since. Aunt Julia raised Jack and his sister Amy after the death of their parents. So Jack feels compelled to return to Penny Gate, even though this is the last thing he wants to do.

Sarah has never been to Penny Gate and has mostly communicated with Jack's family by phone. But when she arrives in town, she finds out a lot about her husband and his family that she never knew. Why did her husband keep these secrets their whole marriage? And will the unveiling of them destroy it?

I really enjoyed reading this book. From the very beginning, I wasn't sure who was holding all of the secrets that Sarah was trying to find while in Penny Gate, but there was a part of the book, that gave me a glimpse into who it could be. This book keeps you guessing until the very end. Heather Gundenkauf gives you a good story that will leave you wondering until the very end.

I read this book as a part of a group read. This is the first book I've read by Heather Gudenkauf, although I have a signed copy of her book Not a Sound . I look forward to reading more books by this author.

View all my reviews


To find out more about this book and to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.