March 20, 2019

Review: Between the Lies by Michelle Adams


Between the Lies by Michelle Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: March 2019

Chloe Daniels was in a terrible car accident, but when she wakes up, she has no idea who she is or who the people around her are. Not only has Chloe lost her memory, but she has also lost her son in this terrible accident. With flashes of what could have happened that night, Chloe is determined to find out the truth. But her family keeps filling her head with falsehoods that are hindering her from finding out what is really going on. Still weak from her accident and still unsure which memories are real and which have been implanted, Chloe set out to find out what happened that night and who she was then and who she is today.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's for the opportunity to read and review this book.

First of all, I don't know what I would do, if I woke up one day and had no idea who I was or who the people around me were. Then to find out that my family had been keeping secrets from me and trying to rewrite my history, that would make me go berserk. But Chloe is able to keep her composure long enough to discover what is really going on.

The book started off a little slow for me, but about half way through the story picked up and I couldn't put it down after that. Lots of ups and downs and twists and turns. When you find out the truth, it's really hard to believe. At first I was sure I knew what was going on, but towards the end, I found out I was very wrong. Chloe remembers nothing, but in her dreams she sees flashes of what could have happened. Are these dreams real, or are the manifestations? From what her family and the police tell her, they can't be real, but it feels true to her core. Chloe will go against everyone that is trying to "protect" her in order to protect herself.

This is the first book I have read by Michelle Adams, but it will not be my last. Her other book is If You Knew My Sister.

View all my reviews


To learn more about Michele Adams' books and to order, click the book covers below:

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this one. I have read a couple with amnesia victims, so will put this on the TBR for later, it does sound good. Nice review Lorrea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.