December 9, 2019

Audio Book Review: Internment by Samira Ahmed



Internment by Samira Ahmed
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: March 2019
Internment  

Layla Amin is an American who is also Muslim. She and other Muslims in her community have been taken from their homes and placed a Mobius, an internment camp for Muslims. The government sees them as a threat to the country and so they must be interred. But Layla will not stand for this. This is America and she and the others are American citizens, and they shouldn't be treated this way. Using her strength, she vows that she will fight until they have all been released and allowed to return to their homes.

I really enjoyed this book. It makes you sit back and think about the past as well as the future of our country especially the way our immigration laws are at this time. I'm not big into politics, but this book definitely struck a cord with me.

Can you imagine being taken from your home and everything you know just because of your religion? It has happened in our past and now Samira Ahmed, shows us what it could be like in our future. This book will make you think about the future of America whether you want to or not. Knowing how history has treated those that are different, how this country was established, this is a situation that I can actually see happening in this country, which is very sad. With families being detained at our borders who knows what could happen.

This is a YA novel, but I think it is important for everyone to read.


View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.