December 6, 2019

Review: The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell

The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: November 2019
The Family Upstairs  

On her 25th birthday, Libby receives a message from a solicitor that she has inherited the family house in Chelsea. Anxious to find out about her past, she heads to the house left to her to find out what happened to her family and where her brother and sister could be. What she finds is a hidden past that will change her future forever. Told from the point of view of Libby, Lucy and Henry, each of them with a connection to the house, the story goes back and forth from modern day to before Libby was born to show everything that happened leading up to Libby's adoption and what happened after.

Thank you to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I was really looking forward to this book because I really enjoy Lisa Jewell's books. I'm not sure if it was me since I've been in a bit of a reading slump, or if it was the book itself. For me, it felt as if it moved slowly.

What would you do if you inherited a huge house from a family that you never knew? Being adopted when she was just a few months old, Libby never knew about the family that left her the house. Lucy has been waiting for the baby to turn 25 for 25 years. Saving this date in her phone, but how is she going to get from France to London without any money. Henry has also been waiting for this day, telling the entire story from start to finish.

Even though this wasn't my favorite Lisa Jewell book, I will definitely be reading more.



View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

4 comments:

  1. Darn! I'm sorry to hear this wasn't a hit for you, but I'm glad you're still interested in reading more of her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it was me or the book. I haven't read a 5 star book in a while. The one I'm reading now seems promising though.

      Delete
  2. I have read a lot of mixed reviews on this one. It seems it is not one of her best. I hope to read it soon, probably in January.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.