December 18, 2019

Audio Book Review: Before She Was Found by Heather Gudenkauf




Before She Was Found by Heather Gudenkauf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: April 2019
Before She Was Found  


Cora Landry is a quiet girl who lives in Pitch, Iowa. She doesn't have a lot of friends, but when Violet Crowe come to town, she becomes friends with Cora. But, the mean girl, Jordan Petty doesn't like this idea. When the girls are put together to work on a project about urban legends, things for Cora get even worse. They decide on Joseph Wither, a legend from their hometown. When Cora begins to receive messages from someone claiming to be Wither, she is determined to prove to herself and her friends, she is not crazy. The girls plan to meet him one night in the train yard, but the three will not come back the same.

Earlier this year, I read another book by Heather Gudenkauf and I really enjoyed her writing so I knew I had to read more by her. Every town has an urban legend. My husband tells my kids the story of Old Man Clutch who was a bus driver. Now if it's Friday the 13th and they have a substitute bus driver, they are afraid to get on the bus.

Cora was so convinced that Joseph Wither was real, she was going to prove it to anyone who doubted her, but what would it cost her and her friends. Having the entire town question you and your family, never knowing who you can trust. This book will have you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.