December 2, 2019

Review: The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner



The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Published: 2004

Theresa Beckett is a wife and mother. What she didn't realize about her husband was that he was a serial killer. Finally caught and behind bars, Theresa thinks she has nothing to worry about until Jim, her husband escapes from prison. Unable to be helped by the police since Jim used to be one himself, she is forced to find other ways to protect herself from the husband that is so desperate to kill her. Changing her name to Tess, she goes across the country, seeking the help of mercenary J.T. a former marine who has enough of his own issues to worry about to help a housewife. Will J.T. be able to help her or will her husband find her and finish the job he wasn't able to finish, two year ago.

I read this book as part of a buddy read. With both had this book on our TBR for a while, but hadn't read it yet. I've read a few other books by Lisa Gardner and usually enjoy what she writes. This book, just didn't do it for me though. I'm not sure if this is because it was one of her earlier books or what, but it was slow moving, not very interesting and took far too long to get through. We both felt similar about this book.

What would you do if you found out your husband was a serial killer and he wouldn't be done with his killing spree until you were dead? I know I would do everything I could to hide from him and never be seen again. But for Tess, she wants revenge or something. She thinks she can train herself to beat this man, when no police force, FBI or any other law enforcement agency has been able to do it. This book was not what I was expecting and the story seemed to jump all over the place.

I will read more books by Lisa Gardner, but this one just didn't work for me.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.