April 26, 2021

Review: Long Way Down: The Graphic Novel by Jason Reynolds


Long Way Down: The Graphic Novel by Jason Reynolds
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: October 2020

Long Way Down: The Graphic Novel
When Will's older brother Shawn is shot and killed, Will knows he has the follow "The Rules" in order to prove he is the man of the house. As he goes to find revenge for his brother's death, he meets a few people in the elevator on his ride down from his apartment to seek this revenge. The people he meets have been in his position before. What they tell Will on this elevator ride could change his mind about what he is about to do.

The Rules: No Crying, No Snitching, and Get Revenge.

I read this book with my daughters. I've never read a graphic novel before and this one I read in about 10 minutes while sitting at the breakfast table. Immediately, the book brought on strong emotions. It grabbed me right from the start and kept a hold of me until the very end.

Such a good book, I highly recommend it. I think I'm going to go back and read the full novel now.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.