April 2, 2021

Review: The Jigsaw Man by Nadine Matheson



The Jigsaw Man by Nadine Matheson  
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published:  March 2021

The Jigsaw Man
DI Henley is just returning back to a full work load when she gets a call about body parts scattered all around the river. When more parts show up belonging to someone else, it all seems like the last case she worked. Peter Olivier is behind bars and there is no way this could be him, but who could he be working with? Then Olivier escapes from prison and now there are two killers on the loose. Will Henley and her team be able to catch both killers, or be part of the prey?

Thank you to Hanover Square Press and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I love stories about female detectives serving justice, especially when it's a woman of color. But this story started a little slow for me. It was hard for me to want to pick up this book. I read about ten pages a day until I got a little over half way through and the story began to pick up.

I think that this is the beginning of a series, so if that is the case, I will continue to read the books. This book took me over a week to read, which is unusual for me. I'm not sure what made me not like this book as much as I wanted to. One thing that I was really disappointed about was that there was the storyline of an affair in the book. This woman of color survived almost being killed, she is a mother, a wife, and a high ranking officer. Throwing that in took away from her integrity which I don't think was necessary for this story.
To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click below:



4 comments:

  1. Nice, honest review. I wasn't a fan of the infidelity either, but I did zoom through this one. I will read the next one as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have zoomed through it, but such wasn't the case this time around.

      Delete
  2. Sounds a bit disappointing, so I'm surprised to see that if this is a series, you'll read more. Do you think she'll change things and take the romance out? I think that's unlikely, but you do you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but I would like to see what other kind of cases she will handle. I liked the case part of the book, the personal part wasn't necessary for me.

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.