April 23, 2021

Review: Just My Luck by Adele Parks


Just My Luck by Adele Parks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: April 2021
Just My Luck



For 15 years three families have gone in together on the lottery. One week, two of the families decide it's not for them anymore, it's stupid and they never win anyway. The third family continues to buy the ticket the next week and they win 17.8 million pounds. Should they share the winnings with their friends or keep it all for themselves? Jake the husband in the winning family is ready to keep the money and is spending it before it hits their bank account. The kids are all on board. Lexi, the wife is a little more hesitant. They go from living day by day to not having to worry about a thing, but it's all too much. They decide to throw a party to celebrate the win and from that moment life will never be the same.

Thanks to Harlequin/Mira and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.


At the start of the book, I wasn't sure how the story was going to go. But knowing Adele Parks like I do, I knew I had to hold on because there was going to be something to look forward to. As you go through the book, little twists are thrown at you. Adultery, teenage pregnancy, robbery, fighting, theft, secrets, and more. Sometimes winning the lottery isn't all it's cracked up to be.

What would you do if you won the lottery? Would you go public if you didn't have to? Would you spend all of the money right away?

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.