February 2, 2021

Review: Along Came a Spider by James Patterson






Along Came a Spider by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: July 2009 (audiobook)
Along Came a Spider


Gary Soneji has just kidnapped two children from the school he was teaching at in Washington, D.C. Not just any children, but children who are being protected by Secret Service. What is the purpose, what does he want? When one of the children ends up dead, Soneji has to change his plans, and then they have to change again, when one of the children is kidnapped from him. How is he going to play this? He is either really smart or really demented and there is only one person who can find out the truth, Detective Alex Cross.

This is the first book in the Alex Cross series. Normally, I am not a person who does a re-read, but I have wanted to read this series from the beginning for a while. I have read a couple of books in the series, but not in order and I've found that I have grown to be a stickler for reading a series in order.

I don't know what I would do if someone took my kids. I always say that if someone did take them, they would give them back right away, but we have no idea. Alex Cross works tirelessly for months to find the missing children. With a twist I certainly forgot about that leaves you hooked until the last sentence. If you have never read an Alex Cross novel, this is the first in the series and a great place to start.

I'm glad I read the book again, I didn't remember a lot of what happened. Now I'm hoping I will be able to find the movie to watch. We all know the book is usually better than the movie.



View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.