February 24, 2021

Review: The Midnight Library by Matt Haig



The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: September 2020


The Midnight Library
Nora Seed is ready to die. She has had enough of this life and is ready to move on. Where she ends up is The Midnight Library. A place that allows you to go back and fix regrets you may have had in life. What would you do if you were given that opportunity? There are infinite possibilities based on each decision you make in life.

'Between life and death there is a library.' she said. 'And within that library, the shelves go on for ever. Every book provides a chance to try another life you could have lived. To see how things would be if you had made other choices ... Would you have done anything different, if you had the chance to undo your regrets?'

This was a book club selection for the month of February. At first, I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book because I'm not really into fantastical novels. I really enjoyed this book and dove right into it. I knew exactly the first place I would go if I had the opportunity to go back and fix regrets. I would go back to my college days and graduate and do school the way I should have done it the first time around. If that didn't work out then, there are other things I know I would like to do to change my past.

Have you read this book? Do you know what book in the library you would pick up first?


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

  1. I am the same as you Lorrea. I wasn't sure what I would think as it is not my usual genre, but I also really liked it. It made me think about my life, my regrets and things I could still change. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla. I want to read his other stuff now.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.