March 10, 2021

Review: To Catch a Dream by Audrey Carlan


To Catch a Dream by Audrey Carlan
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars
Published: March 2021

To Catch a Dream
For her entire life, Evie Ross has felt alone. Her mother was a wanderer, leaving her and her sister Suda Kaye with their grandfather, Toko, on the reservation. Her father was in the military and didn't spend too much time at home when he was off of deployment. Her sister was much like their mother and had just decided to settle down after 10 years of wandering around herself after the death of their mother. Now all Evie has left are a stack of letters from her mother and her thoughts of always being left behind. When her childhood crush makes a declaration that he wants to be hers, it makes Evie even more confused about the state of her life right now. Will she be able to put the past behind her and make room in her lonely life for Milo or will she continue to be alone.

Thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I wasn't expecting this to be a mostly romance story when I started reading it, so I wasn't prepared for that being the main focus of the story. I was disappointed that the parts I was looking forward to, mother/daughter relationships, were not prevalent, instead, it was quite repetitive. Overall I enjoyed the story and may have given it more stars if I knew it was romanced centered. The description talks about a secret the mother had been hiding, but that isn’t even mentioned until the last part of the book.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.