March 29, 2021

Review: This Close To Okay by Leesa Cross-Smith




This Close To Okay by Leesa Cross-Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: February 2021


This Close to Okay
When Tallie sees Ernest on the bridge, about to jump, she knows she has to stop him. She is a therapist after all. She wonders why he is there and what has brought him to this point in his life. She isn't frightened by him but has a desperate need to help. Ernest asks for a sign not to jump, and here comes Tallie, taking him in and caring about what is going on with him. Tallie decides and Ernest agrees to go back to her house for just the weekend. After the weekend, they can each go back to living their lives. Little do they know that the short time they will spend together will change them both forever.

I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't get enough of these characters and I didn't want this story to end. I had so many emotions throughout this whole book and by the end, I was very disappointed. I will be honest, I didn't like the ending. I wanted more from these characters and I didn't get the outcome I wanted from the story I read.

Have you ever met someone and had an instant connection? You feel like you can talk to them about almost anything and they won't judge you for it but will be supportive or critical as necessary. This is what happened with Tallie and Ernest, they didn't do small talk and got to the serious questions. The only problem is that each of them is hiding something, as we all do when we first meet someone. But the secrets they are keeping could destroy the weekend in one swift blow.

Will this encounter last just the weekend, or the rest of their lives?

This book had a lot of music associated with it, so I made a playlist click here to listen.  

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.