March 3, 2021

Review: Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay


Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: June 2017
Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body

This is a memoir of the author's body. How her body was abused and how she abused her body so it could be used as a defense mechanism. She was raped by a boy she thought she loved at an age where you are too young to know what love is.

Unfortunately, I could really relate to this book and the author's story. It really touched my heart and made me look back on my own life and the decisions I have made with my body in order to "survive" certain ordeals in my life.

This book hooked me in from the very beginning. I'm not a big fan of non-fiction, but this was a compelling book that spoke to me. We as women go through so much with our bodies. They start to change on us, and things happen to us, that men don't understand and sometimes that we ourselves don't understand. We have babies and our bodies change some more. We judge ourselves harshly about our bodies no matter what size they are.

I think this is a book almost any woman can relate to. If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do.

**Trigger Warning for rape**

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click below:


1 comment:

  1. This book was just highlighted on another blog I read and I added it to my TBR. Thank-you for your review Lorrea, it is very heartfelt and honest. I am going to see if my library has the audiobook.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.