January 8, 2021

Review: A Promised Land by Barack Obama








A Promised Land by Barack Obama
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: November 2020

**I highly recommend that you listen to this book on audio.**

Barack Obama, our 44th President of the United States, gives a personal look at his first four years in office. Listening to him speak about his days leading up to becoming President through his first term, made me like him even more. He feels like someone we all would know and could sit and talk to about our day. He talks about playing spades on Air Force One, sneaking cigarettes, and working out with Michelle in the mornings. He shared his fears and accomplishments but was still humble. He talked about how his family dealt with his Presidency and fame. He could no longer just take his daughters to a museum or the zoo without people following and the Secret Service.

I really enjoyed this book, holding it though, gave me carpal tunnel. I look forward to the next volume. 

Here's a funny story about this book.  About a week before Christmas, my hold for this became available at the library.  My husband saw me listening to it and told me to stop.  He's not a reader and he frequently tells me to find something else to do besides reading.  So, I was skeptical of him telling me this.  Well, my daughter got me a copy of the book for Christmas.  The book weighs a ton, so I continued to listen to the audio and followed along.  


To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click the book cover below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.