January 15, 2021

Review: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan



















Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: Oct. 2012
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore (Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, #1)

When Clay is hired as the overnight clerk for Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour bookstore he feels he will kill a few hours while getting to read some books. What he doesn't expect is there to be a secret society trying to solve a secret code. While the front of the bookstore is your average bookstore (kind of), there is a wall full of books in the back, that can only be checked out, but certain people. Will Clay be brought privy to this information or will he have to assume what is going on? With the help of his friends and Mr. Penumbra, he will try his best to solve the mystery.  

This was a book club selection for January. Overall I thought the book was pretty good. I really didn't see the point of it all, to be honest. These people were all mostly older, in the society, looking for immortality. But we all know that is impossible.  One cool thing about this book is that the cover glows in the dark. 

This book did keep me interested though, and I wanted to know if they were going to find the secret to all these books or if it was going to remain a mystery. I'm not sure if I will read more of Robin Sloan's books but I have read this one and it has been on my TBR for a while.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.