January 22, 2021

Review: The Duke and I by Julia Quinn


The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: Oct. 2016 (audiobook)

The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
It's coming out season in 1813 London. Daphne Bridgerton is the diamond of the season, her dance card is quite full with all the men wanting a moment of her time. But Ms. Bridgerton is quite picky with her suitors. When the Duke of Hastings finds her fighting one of those suitors off, they devise a plan that could help them both out for this season. He will not have to persued by eligible maidens and their mothers, and she will get to hold out for the perfect person to choose as a husband.

I've heard so much talk about this series on Netflix, I had to see what it was all about. I decided to listen to the first book in the series before I binged the show. I'm not sure if the show will follow the series, or if this is just a one and done season like a few other shows.

I can say both the book and the series held my interest. I usually do not enjoy period pieces, but this story felt like it could be reworked for any time period. I look forward to reading about the other Bridgerton children and finding out how they make their way in this world.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below: 

1 comment:

  1. Season two has been announced. I want to read the second book before I watch the show. Another reviewer said the second book was the one she liked the least, so I am not expecting it to live up to this one. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.