February 15, 2020

Review: The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams



The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: November 2019
The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)  

Thea and Gavin have only been married for a few short years, so it's a shock to him when she asked for a divorce. Gavin is a professional baseball player, married to Thea and they have twin daughters. He is crushed when she asks for the divorce and drowns his sorrows in a bottle of alcohol. His friends and teammates come to his rescue as they had been down that road and know they can help. Their methods are quite unconventional, reading romance novels, but it can't hurt right?

When I first saw this book advertised last year, I was intrigued by the title. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but I wasn't disappointed. It made me laugh out loud, made me tear up, and made me put myself in the mind of a man for a little while.

What would you do to save your marriage? Would you do everything in your power? For Gavin and Thea, they have a lot of work to do to break down walls that they didn't even know were there. Their love story was not a long one, but there were things about each other that they didn't know. When you keep secrets in your relationships, little things that trigger those secrets help to make holes in the relationship.

When Gavin's friends find him drunk in a seedy hotel, they pull him into the secret club they have formed to keep their wives and girlfriends, The Bromance Book Club. They read romance novels, which women love, to help their relationships. It was already proven to help one relationship and Gavin was willing to do anything to save his. But Thea isn't so sure. She gives him one month to try and win her back, if it doesn't work, then they will be done for good.

I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down no matter what. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful!! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my TBR for this month and I really need to fit it in, wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.