February 21, 2020

Review: A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting




A Lie for a Lie by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: October 2019
A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)  

I stayed up way past my bedtime to devour this book.

Rook is looking forward to this Alaska trip with his brother. They go every summer when hockey season is over. The break is much needed. When his brother lets him know he won't be able to make it, Rook decides to go anyway and enjoy the peace and quiet. Lainey is headed to Alaska for a few weeks this summer to study the mating patterns of dolphins and whales for her thesis. This is her third masters and she may finally be done with school. When she literally falls into Rook's lap, she doesn't know how that will change her summer plans.

I really enjoy Helena Hunting's writing. You can easily sit down with a title and get lost in it. You start reading and the next thing you know, you have forgotten the whole world around you and you are engrossed.

I really liked Rook and Lainey. Alaska is one of the best places I have ever visited and to have the story take place there, really drew me back to that time. Lainey is a home-school woman who is working on her third master's degree. Rook is a professional hockey player who has women falling all over him. The chances of them meeting in regular life, are slim to none, but fate has drawn them together in inexplicable ways. They quickly fall in love and then lose each other just as quickly.

If you're looking for a good romance, please try this book or any of Helena's other titles.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.