April 3, 2019

Review: In the Blink of an Eye by Jesse Blackadder



In the Blink of an Eye by Jesse Blackadder
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: March 2019

Today is not a typical day for the Brennan Family. Bridget, mom, is still at home getting the boys, Jarrah & Toby ready for the day. Finn, dad, is busy in his studio, finishing an art project. Finn is a stay-at-home dad, his art allowing him to do this. Bridget is usually already off to work by the time the boys are getting ready. So this morning is strange indeed. Bridget's not sure what to do, Jarrah, typical teenager, doesn't have the time, and toddler Toby, just wants someone to read his book to him. When Bridget steps away from Toby for just a few minutes to use the bathroom, the unthinkable happens, and life for the Brennan's will never be the same. Who is to blame? How will they survive?

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

What would you do, if suddenly and unexpectedly, you lost your child? Who is to blame, when it's a senseless tragedy? Would this pull your family together or drive them apart? These are the questions that Bridget and Finn keep asking themselves. Finn blames himself for leaving the pool gate open, Bridget is glad to pass the blame, embarrassed she wasn't watching her son better. When charges are filed, it rocks the family to their core.

This is a heart-wrenching story. There are parts of it that dragged by for me and I wasn't anxious to get back to the story when I had to put it down for a while, this is why I gave it the three stars. Parents are not supposed to bury their children. This story will really have you thinking. I believe there were some parts that we unnecessary and at times the writing seemed confusing. Overall, I enjoyed the story and I will read more books by Jesse Blackadder.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.