April 12, 2019

Review: The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves





The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published: April 2019
The Girl He Used to Know



Annika Rose is a beautiful woman living in downtown Chicago. She is 32 years old and she is pretty happy with her life. When she is reunited with Jonathan, her first boyfriend who had disappeared from her life 10 years ago, her world is turned upside down. She has grown so much since the last time she saw Jonathan, but she still has feelings for him. When they decide to give things another try, Annika and Jonathan learn more about themselves and each other than ever before. Will love win this time, and is Annika really different from the girl he used to know.

Thank you to St. Martin's Press and Heros & Heartbreakers for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I've said it many times on my social media while reading this book, that I devoured it. This book grabs you right from the start and draws you in for the long haul. Full of things that will make you laugh, make you cry and even make you gasp. Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. I had to find out what was going to happen.

In the story you find out that Annika is a little quirky and that is because she is on the Autism Spectrum. I could really relate to this part of the story, since I have a child on the spectrum myself. There are some people who will accept the quirky habits and learn more about the person and there are others who are cruel and who just won't understand.

The story starts when Jonathan runs into Annika after 10 years in the grocery store. The story flashes back and forth from current day, which is 2001 in the book, to 10 years previously when Jonathan and Annika first met and the development of their relationship. I think this is a book everyone will enjoy.

  

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.