April 15, 2019

Review: His Demand by Lisa Renee Jones




His Demand by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars
Published: February 2019
Series: Dirtier Duet #1
 
His Demand (Dirtier Duet Book 1)



Gabe Maxwell doesn't like redheads or relationships, but when he meets Abigail, all of that goes out the window. But Abbie, as he likes to call her, isn't as sweet and innocent as she may seem. She has a past that could get both of them hurt. Abbie's ex is a billionaire and determined to make her life a living hell just to get what he wants. Gabe has enough of his own money to fight any man who wants to hurt Abbie or her family. But what Gabe doesn't know can hurt him and Abbie doesn't want to see that happen.

Thank you to NetGalley and Lisa Renee Jones for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I have read a few books by Lisa Renee Jones, but this one missed the mark for me. Most romance books I'm able to fly through in a couple of days, but this one I just couldn't.

I think the thing that bothered me most about this book is that Abbie kept saying how she shouldn't be with Gabe because of her past. Every chapter, this was the recurring theme. They both know they are bad for each other, but the connection is great, so they try to work it out. Their main focus in this book is the numerous problems that keep arising with Shannon's(Abbie's mom) animal shelter. Abbie's ex is so determined to take this property from her, that he makes lots of false accusations. But this is the only thing she has asked for in the divorce, so he doesn't know why it is so valuable to him.

The saving grace of this book is the end, that leaves you with a cliff-hanger to find out what his going to happen next. So I will read the next book in the series.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.