January 22, 2018

Review: Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp



Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Corey and her best friend Kyra have lived their whole lives in Lost Creek, Alaska. They have been inseparable from the start. But when Corey's mom gets a new job hundreds of miles away, Corey and Kyra will be separated. Will they both be able to survive? Even though Kyra writes to Corey, Corey is unable to write back. She can't bring herself to tell Kyra how happy she is now that she has left Lost. When Corey learns of a tragic accident that lives Kyra dead, she returns home to a place she doesn't recognize. It's no longer the place she called home. Determine to find out why Kyra didn't get the help she desperately needed. Corey has 6 days to find out what has happened to this town and her best friend in the few months she's been gone.

Thank you to NetGalley and SourceBooks-Fire for the opportunity to read and review this book.

The first book I read by Marieke Nijkamp was This Is Where It Ends about a school shooting. I really enjoyed the book and Ms. Nijkamps writing and I enjoyed this book as well. I gave the book 4 stars because there was a part of it that was a little strange to me, where the town of Lost Creek seemed like a cult.

I don't know what I would do if I moved away and a few month later found out my best friend was dead and no one who was around her could explain what happened and why. No one would allow her to live her life. Kyra was bi-polar and when she and Corey were together they talked about Kyra getting help with her manic episodes. She hated the way she felt. Corey felt bad about not keeping in touch with Kyra the way she should have. Kyra said she would wait for Corey, but what happened to her that she felt death was a better option. This book had me in tears toward the end and several times it left my heart racing. 

View all my reviews

Order a copy of Before I Let Go and This Is Where It Ends by clicking the covers below:

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.