September 11, 2020

Audiobook Review: Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin




Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: June 2019
Ayesha at Last  


Khalid is a devout Muslim who follows the old rules of wearing robes and keeping his beard long. Ayesha is also a devout Muslim, but is a little more lax in her rule following. Khalid has admired Ayesha from afar not knowing who she was. When they are put together on a project at the mosque, Khalid is introduced to Ayesha as a different woman. They learn more about each other through working together, but it doesn't necessarily draw them closer. What Khalid hears about Ayesha and what he knows from the woman he spends time with are two different stories. Will they be able to come together to accomplish their work as well as personal goals, or will they go their separate ways?

This book was pegged as a retelling of Pride & Prejudice. I have never read the book, so I'm not sure if they compare or not.

I really enjoyed this book. I listened to the audio and it engrossed me right away. I was invested in the characters and what they were going to do. I really like Ayesha. Even though her family wanted her to find a man and get married, she wanted to do her own thing, by becoming a substitute teacher and working on her poetry.

Will they or won't they be able to put their small differences aside and be able to accept each other?


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click the book cover below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.