June 9, 2020

Audiobook Review: Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid




Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: December 2019
Such a Fun Age  


Emira Tucker is 25 and unsure about what she wants to do for the rest of her life. Right now she enjoys working for the Chamberlain's and caring for their two year old daughter, Briar. WHen she is asked to come to the Chamberlain's after an incident in their home, Emira leaves a friend's party and take Briar to the local grocery store a few blocks away. Briar loves going to the grocery store to look at the nuts and smell the tea. When they are approached by a security guard curious as to why a black woman is with a little white girl late at night. Another patron films the exchange, but Emira would rather forget the whole incident.

As a person who used to babysit and work at summer camps with kids who didn't look like me, I can understand the situation Emira is in. I have never been approached by someone questioning the children in my care. When I was a baby, though, my mother many times got asked who's child she was watching. My mom is dark skinned and I am very light skinned.

This books has some twists I didn't see coming. Emira is a character any one would love.


View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.