June 19, 2020

Review: We Didn't Ask for This by Adi Alsaid





We Didn't Ask for This by Adi Alsaid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: April 2020
We Didn't Ask for This  


CIS is an international school for grades K-12. Each year, the high school kids have a lock-in toward the end of the school year. This is an event that everyone looks forward to. This year is no different, during lock-in, magic can happen, people fall in love or out of it and try to change the world. Everyone is enjoying the events of the night when they literally get locked in. Marisa and a few other students chain themselves to the doors, refusing to move until thirty demands are met. Will it happen by the time parents arrive in the morning or will they brush this off as a teenage angst.

Thank you to NetGalley and Inkyard Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I feel like kids today are a lot more dedicated to the world then I was with my generation. They are trying to change the world at every turn. Staging protests and demonstrations. I don't think I would have ever done that when I was in high school. This book shows the resilience they have to overcome just about anything in order to get what they want, not for themselves, but for everyone.

This book really resonated with me and it gives me hope for my children and their future. 


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.