May 24, 2019

Review: The Mister by E.L. James




The Mister by E.L. James
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: April 2019

Alessia Demachi has left her country of Albania in order to avoid being married to a violent man and is now in London. She is working for Maxim Trevelyan as his cleaner. She comes and does her job and then leaves. When she first spots Mister Maxim naked across his bed, she can't believe her eyes. And he has this wonderful piano in his apartment that she enjoys playing when he is not there. But life is not easy for Alessia and she is constantly looking over her shoulder so she is not found by the people who brought her here and are trying to traffic her.

Maxim has just lost his brother and inherited the keys to the Earldom. This is not the life he wanted, but it is the life he now has. When he meets Alessia, he is at first shocked, since he didn't know she was now working for him and then intrigued by her beauty. Will he be able to maintain the employer/employee relationship, or will this develop into something else?

I know this book isn't a literary masterpiece, but for the most part, I enjoyed it. I wanted to know what was going to happen and when. I liked this a little better than Fifty Shades since it didn't have all the BDSM associated with it. If you like 50 Shades, you should like this one too.

One of my biggest problems with this book is that the main character's name is so much like my daughter's.  Other than that, it was a quick read.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book, or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

  1. Only 3/5 stars! Oh dear... sorry to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often enjoy books that are not literary masterpieces, nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.