June 3, 2019

Audio Book Review: The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick




The Library of Lost and Found by Phaedra Patrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: March 2019

Martha Storm volunteers at her local library, several days a week. Helping out with the book club and re-shelving the books. One day as she is going to the library for an author event, she sees a man leaving something at the library entrance that is addressed to her. When she opens it up, it's a book dedicated to her from her grandmother, 3 years after her passing. How could this be? What secrets does this book hold? Is her grandmother really dead, or is she still out there somewhere? Martha is determined to find out what is going on and the more she finds out about her past, the more it shapes her future.

Who doesn't love a book about books and libraries and used book stores? I picked up this book mainly for the title alone.

This story is mainly about Martha Storm and her family. Martha helps everyone else and leaves herself for last. She is living in her parents house (they are deceased) and their stuff is in boxes all over the place along with projects she has promised to help other people with. When Martha gets the book, she is eager to share it with her sister, Lillian, who tells her to just drop it and move on with life. But Martha is determined to find out the secrets that her family has kept hidden for decades.

I really enjoyed this story. I felt as though I was there along with Martha, trying to uncover the secrets of her past and bring her current life into a better place. Reading books, telling stories, and hosting book clubs all sound like a glorious life for me. Martha enjoyed all of these things and more. I wonder if there is going to be a sequel to the book, because I really want to know what is going to happen next for Martha.

View all my reviews


To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

2 comments:

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.