May 13, 2019

Audio Book Review: The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls




The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: September 2010


Jeannette Walls led a very interesting life. Living most of it way below the poverty line and "doing the skedaddle" all over the country. Her parents didn't care much for rules or parenting. The book starts off with Jeannette burning herself at the age of 3 making herself food to eat. What three year old is using a stove? The book continues through her life with some outrageous and mind blowing events. This was a very interesting story that made me hug my kids a little tighter and be thankful for the family I have.

I have heard a lot about this book and the movie, and I wanted to read it before I saw it. What really grabbed my attention during this book was the blatant disregard Rex & Rose Mary for their children was incredible.

I love that Ms. Walls had the courage to tell her story. She was able to make something of her life, despite the circumstances that she was raised in. Some people may see the situation and decide this is the life they have and they can't do anything better. Forced to grow up before she had to and become a parent when hers didn't seem to care that their children had no food to eat. Even though both of her parents were educated, they were more of free thinkers letting the world take them through life.

I enjoyed this book.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I read this one for a book club. It was definitely an interesting read, but I believe I gave it three stars as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.