July 21, 2015

Review--The Blue Zone by Andrew Gross

The Blue ZoneThe Blue Zone by Andrew Gross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the outside, the Rabb family looks like the perfect family.  They live in an amazing house, drive nice cars, their oldest daughter is a research assistant at the local University, their son get great grades, and the youngest is a ranked squash player.  Benjamin Rabb is a gold dealer, and for the past twenty years has been doing very well for his family.  When Benjamin Rabb is investigated by the FBI for money laundering, fraud, and conspiracy with known drug dealers, his family is placed in the Witness Protection Program.  All, except Kate, who is old enough to do her own thing.  When Kate makes some interesting discoveries and strange things start to happen, she may find that her perfect family may not be just so.

This is the first solo authored book I have read by Andrew Gross.  I am pleased to say that this book had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning to the very end.  So many different surprises and twists in this book.  The book centers around Kate Rabb and her life after her father has testified in court against the Mercado Family and her family has been in Witness Protection for more than a year.  The thing I really like about this book is that I never knew what was going to happen next or who I could trust.  Every time you turn around, another something falls in your face that makes you yell expletives at the book.  Not knowing who to believe and where to turn for help, makes a person feel lost.  Kate's determination to find the truth and get her family back together, has her in the fight of her life, in more ways than one.

I listened to the audio of this book and it was read by Ilyana Kadushin.  She gave an excellent performance and made me feel as if I was a part of the action.  I could see the action as it played out.  I can't wait to read other solo authored books by Andrew Gross.  Another great author to add to my every growing list of favorites.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.