December 9, 2014

Review - Tryin' to Sleep in the Bed You Made by Virginia DeBerry & Donna Grant

Tryin' To Sleep In the Bed You MadeTryin' To Sleep In the Bed You Made by Virginia DeBerry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tryin' to Sleep in the Bed You Made is a story of three friends.  It traverses their lives from childhood to adults.  And we get to see all the fun, joy, and pain that goes along with it.

Pat, Gail, Marcus, and Freddie are inseparable.  They are classmates and best friends.  One day when Freddie finds a gun and decides to share it with the rest of the group, the most tragic thing happens.  This changes the lives of the other three forever.  Pat is taken from her mother and temporarily put into foster care until Gail and her family take her in.  Marcus, who was Freddie's brother feels he has to fulfill Freddie's life dreams instead of pursuing his own.

As they graduate high school and spread their wings to find new things, they are torn in different directions and their friendship is never the same.

I love reading books about friendship.  Friendship lost and found.  It makes me feel good on the inside and that is exactly how this book made me feel.  It made me laugh and it made me cry, but overall, it made me want to call all of my friends and rekindle what we once had.

The DeBerry/Grant team are great writers.  This is the second book I have read by them and I can't wait to read the next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.