December 31, 2014

The Best and Worst of 2014

First of all, I want to thank all of you who have been following me this year.  This is my first year with a blog dedicated to books.  I think overall it went pretty well!!  I wanted to do so much more with this blog and I hope that in 2015, I am able to do it.

In the 8 months since my first post I have had nearly 800 views and I have gained a few followers.  Again, to you all I say thank you!!  My goal this year was to review every book that I read, and have a post about it.  Unfortunately, I did not do that.  I also wanted to add a few other fun blog posts, but alas that did not happen either.  Life, gets the way sometimes.  I'm very sad to say, that I did not meet my goal to read 70 books this year.  As I am writing this, I'm sitting with my iPod next to  me that has a book I need to finish on it and one on my nightstand that I'm determined to finish  before the ball drops.

So let's get to the good stuff.  The best and worst books that I read this year.  There is only one book that I gave a five star rating to and that was The Invention of Wings by Susan Monk Kidd.  The one book I have a one star rating to was Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead.  Most books received 3-4 stars.  All in all it was a pretty good year of pretty good books.   I had 36 books on my to read in 2014 list, but I only got around to 8 of those.  I did expand my reading for review list and that I am very proud of  because I really enjoy reviewing books.  I want to get better at it.  While I'm reading I have so many ideas I would like to put in my blog post, and then when I'm finally finished with the book, the thought is gone.

I already have a few books on my list for 2015 I'm going to start with The Demeter Code by Russell Brooks and The Barefoot Queen by Ildefonso Falcones.  I'm already excited about these two!  I hope I'm able to make my goal for this year.  I'm going to try for 70 again, since I didn't make it this year!!  I hope to surpass it!

Happy Reading to all of my fellow reading friends!  I hope that 2015 finds you in good health and with plenty of good books to read!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.