March 8, 2020

Audio Book Review: Casting the First Stone by Kimberla Lawson Roby



Casting the First Stone by Kimberla Lawson Roby
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: January 2000

Reverend Curtis Black is the minister to a faithful congregation in Chicago. He and his wife Tonya are upstanding members of the church and community. But when rumors of Curtis start to spread around the church that he has been unfaithful to his wife with other church members, Tonya's not sure what to do. Whenever she questions Curtis, his first instinct is to lie to her and she knows it. How will Tonya find out what is really going on? And what lengths will she go through to do so?

I have read a few of Kimberla Lawson Roby's books in the past, even a few in this series, but I never knew how it all started. This book had me on edge. It's books like these that have people doubting the church, but it is also something that really goes on. I don't know what I would do if I suspected my husband of cheating, let alone if he was a minister who was teaching people right from wrong every day.

This book had me laughing out loud and dying to know what was going to happen next. If you have never read one of Kimberla Lawson Roby's books, this is a good one to start with.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.