January 21, 2020

Review: Six Goodbyes We Never Said by Candace Ganger



Six Goodbyes We Never Said by Candace Ganger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Published: September 2019
Six Goodbyes We Never Said  

Naima Rodriquez has just lost her father and it has turned her world upside down. She was upset after the last time he left and she hadn't been in contact with him the way she usually would have been while he was deployed. She decides to move in with her grandparents, since she is used to them and they are used to her quirkiness. When she discovers that her grandparents have a new neighbor, Dew and that he spent some time with her father before his final deployment, she may have to leave her comfort zone in order to find out what was going on with her dad in his final days.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

This book was surprising for me. I wasn't sure what to think of Naima. I lost my father over 10 years ago, but under very different circumstances. I wish I had someone who I could have talked to like Dew who had been with my father when I couldn't be. Naima has a lot of quirks and she isn't too keen on new people. She was upset with herself about how she had been treating her father in her last days, but she wasn't pleased with how he treated her either.

This was a cute YA novel that was alright for me. I felt some parts could have been stronger. This is first book I've read by Candace Ganger, but I will read more of her titles.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.