January 26, 2020

Review: The Escape Room by Megan Goldin


The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published: July 2019

Sarah Hall has just graduated in the top of her business school class. She thinks it will be a breeze to find a job with her marks. But finding work was more difficult than she imagined. When she finally does find a job, she is at the bottom of the totem pole and has to work hard to get the attentions of her coworkers. Even though she is on an elite team on her fellow team mates don't treat her as such. When a big project comes up and ends up being messed up, everyone's job is on the line, they turn against each other. Some of the team comes together to meet with each other when they get stuck in an elevator. Will they be able to get out alive?

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I read this book over the summer when life was super busy and I was just reading and I didn't have much time to do reviewing or blogging. Here's what I remember:
Sarah was a girl I could really relate to. We've all be in a position where we are the new person at work and having to find our way with a team that has already been established. Sarah is not as strong as the other members of her team, but she has a great head on her shoulders. There were parts of this book that were predictable, but there was a twist that I really didn't see coming.

I really enjoyed this book and I wish that I would have reviewed it sooner. I did take a few notes, but not enough to write the kind of review I normally like to do. I know I liked the book and that it held my attention all the way through. I recommend it to everyone who likes books were the girl is the heroine.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:

1 comment:

  1. I heard about this one on The Laydown Podcast. I need to pick it up ASAP!! It sounds SO good! Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.