July 24, 2019

Review: The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada




The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published: June 2019
The Perfect Date  


Angel Gomez is a single mother, doing the best she can to raise and support her son. Finishing up her nursing degree and working as a bartender has Angel always busy. When she meets Duke, a Yankees pitcher, she doesn't even know who he is, but he needs her help. His team can't know he's not ready to take the mound, so Duke needs Angel to pretend they are dating so he has an excuse for why he's visiting the clinic where she works. But Angel has enough drama in her life with her boss's trying to hit on her all the time, to be worried about Duke's drama as well. Will she go along with the fake dating or will she pass?

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to read and review this book.

I have been watching Basketball Wives from the very first season. Then Evelyn Lozada had a shoe store in Miami. Now she's living in L.A. as a single mom to 2 children and is still on Basketball Wives. I can hear her in this book. Her voice rings through Angel's character.

Now this book was no literary piece of art, but it held my attention throughout. I didn't like the repetitiveness of the book and there were a couple of things in there that seemed so unreal. Overall, I enjoyed the book. I got it because of watching the show and I wanted to see what it was all about.

View all my reviews

To learn more about this book or to order a copy, click the book cover below:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Share your thoughts below.